You have until 21st June to register with HMRC.
If you’ve taken advantage of the Covid VAT payment deferral scheme you have until 21st June to register with HMRC to repay the outstanding VAT by monthly instalments. The deadline for payment in full or to opt into the monthly instalment plan was 31st March 2021 but has now been extended to 21 June 2021.
If you deferred VAT payments due between 20 March and 30 June 2020 and still have payments to make, you can pay now or get ready to join the VAT deferral new payment scheme.
- pay the deferred VAT in full, on or before 31 March 2021
- join the VAT deferral new payment scheme – the online service is open between 23 February and 21 June 2021
- contact HMRC on Telephone: 0800 024 1222 by 30 June if you need extra help to pay
You may be charged interest or a penalty if you do not:
- pay the deferred VAT in full by 31 March 2021
- opt in to the new payment scheme by 21 June 2021
- agree to extra help to pay with HMRC by 30 June 2021
If you have any queries about the upcoming payments that may have an impact on your business, please contact a member of our team today on 01942 816 512 or request a call back here.